Whispers of Faith

 



In shadows of doubt, I roamed, a skeptic soul,

A not so faithful Catholic, my faith took its toll.

Tragedies whispered in every corner of my life,

Amidst the turmoil, I sought solace in strife.


Someone whispered softly, "Pray more, my dear,

God grants the wishes of those who draw near."

So I knelt in fervent plea, day and night,

Hoping for a glimpse of divine light.


But my prayers seemed to echo in empty halls,

No answers came, no divine calls.

"Why, God, do you turn a deaf ear to me?

Do you not see, not hear, not even feel my plea?"


I gazed upon the images of Jesus with doubt,

"Are you truly there? Can you hear me out?"

In the quiet of Eucharistic adoration, I cried,

"Jesus, within this host, do you truly abide?"


Repeatedly I questioned, my heart in a bind,

Seeking reassurance of the divine kind.

Then, in a moment that defied my disbelief,

A cross in blood, a vision beyond belief.


Mother Mary in cross, a sight so sublime,

In that sacred moment, I found my paradigm.

Ecstasy embraced me, doubt fell away,

In the presence of the divine, I chose to stay.


Now a strong believer, my faith restored,

In the whispers of doubt, I am anchored, assured.

For in the depths of questioning, I found my truth,

In the silent whispers of faith, eternal youth.

Comments

Popular Posts