Dear St. Dominic Savio

 


Dear St. Dominic Savio,

Happy Birthday! Today marks another year in celebration of your remarkable life and legacy. As I sit down to write this letter to you, I am filled with gratitude for the impact you've had on my life since the day I first learned about you.

I vividly remember the day in Grade 4 when I stumbled upon your biography. From that moment, you became more than just a historical figure to me – you became a friend, a companion in my journey of faith. As I read about your devotion, your kindness, and your unwavering faith, I felt a deep connection to you, as if you were guiding me through life's challenges with your gentle spirit.

As I grew older, you remained a constant presence in my life, almost like a younger brother. I still remember the days when I would turn to you in prayer, seeking your intercession with fervor and sincerity. You became my confidant, someone I could rely on in times of need.

Interestingly, when I embarked on my career in teaching, fate had a beautiful surprise in store for me. One of my students bore your name – Savio. He quickly became my favorite student, reminding me of your virtues and the joy you brought to those around you. It felt like a sign from above, reaffirming the special bond we shared.

Although I may not pray to you as ardently as I did in my childhood, you remain my favorite saint. Your example continues to inspire me, guiding me to live a life of kindness, faith, and humility.

If you could see my Facebook cover page, you would find your portrait gracing it proudly. Since the day I joined Facebook, your image has been a constant reminder of your presence in my life, a symbol of the cherished connection we share.

It's interesting to note that you are also my brother-in-law's favorite saint. He has a portrait of you hanging in his room at his house in Alleppey. It seems that your influence extends beyond just me, touching the lives of those closest to me as well.

On this special day, I offer my heartfelt gratitude for your friendship, guidance, and unwavering presence in my life. May your light continue to shine bright, illuminating the path for all who seek your intercession.

With love,



Comments

Popular Posts