His Grace

Related image
Three months ago, one of my colleagues approached me seeking help for her only daughter’s academics. I politely refused the plea at first because it wasn’t easy to take tuition at home for prolonged hours for an ICSE student after my work at school. As my colleague kept pestering around me, I had to reconsider what I already had denied. Thus, her only daughter began to come home every evening. She seemed to me a very inattentive, disobedient and careless girl by all means. Her previous academic records and her mother’s comments substantiated my opinion on her too. 

  Although she was far behind all other children of her peer     group in academics, I found she owned a wonderful heart. I   realized that only if I could win over heart, she would listen   to my tutoring. 

 Somehow, I broke the wall between me and the child. 

Every day, I entrusted her into the hands of Mother Mary so  that the girl studies well and come out in colours in her  annual exam. Slowly, we became intimate friends as days went by. She began to share with me each and everything that happened in her school. Her mother and I witnessed her progress in academics and crave for learning lessons on time. 

Today, her annual term progress report came out. The girl, who failed in most of the subjects in Term 1 and Term 2 examination, leapt forward bagging second position in her class for the Annual Term.  

Praise the Lord

This wouldn’t have happened without His abundant Grace.   

Comments

  1. Great one...May the Good Lord bless you both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry. God Bless You.
    Have you done with your graduation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2nd year completed. 3rd year classes starts this June onwards. How are you chechi? It's been a long time that I heard from you. Have you deleted your Facebook account?

      Delete
  3. I have deactivated my account for a while due to certain personal reasons.
    Will be back once I find peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. Please forgive me if I have asked unnecessary questions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts