Hobbies and Interests


     I am not a dynamic soul. Yet, there are certain interests that help make me unique. My hobbies range from reading to web surfing to blogging to long distance walking to social working.

     I love reading.But, I don’t read all genres. I prefer sociology and politics books rather than pure literature. They always change my perspectives and mould the critic in me. Ramachandra Guha and GR Madan are my favorite authors. While reading, I keep a dictionary next to me to explore synonyms and pronunciation of new words I come across. Thus, it improves my vocabulary. 

  I am also interested in online researching on Women Empowerment, Labour issues and Career Trends in India. And I also put in some serious hours to blog these things I am passionate about. I have many loyal readers who urge me to blog diverse stuffs. It makes me even more responsible. Many young friends approach me to advise them on various courses other than Engineering and Medicine. I have also planned to setup a Career Counselling Centre in my school. My ambition is also to become a Career Advisor.

     Long distance walking is another major passion of mine. It helps me to enjoy the wonderful opportunity to get out into nature and ponder on life. Sometimes, even silly goings-on on roads and pavements might change the ‘I’ in us. 

  More than a hobby, I have taken social working as my responsibility. I strongly trust that “Helping hands are better than praying lips”. Having associated with a few NGOs, I have witnessed the ‘other-face’ of metro. The major CHANGE I wish to see in Indian men is their approach towards women. This triggered me to actively get involved in a Facebook Page, named AWARE (Awareness for Women to Advocate their Rights and Empowerment)created by one of my friends. It is an initiative to create Awareness on Women's laws, their Rights and provides solutions to their Empowerment.We would be registering AWARE as an NGO soon. Am of any use if I don’t stand for my own gender?

Comments

Popular Posts